ROGERS ROAD will be closed until spring due to dangerous winter driving conditions!
Tooele City reminds citizens of a City Ordinance (10-3-6) prohibiting parking on any city street November 1st to March 31st during the hours of 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.
City snow plow drivers can’t remove snow from your street if there are cars and trucks parked in their way. You could be ticketed!
Please help city snow plow drivers by not parking on the streets and keeping things like basketball hoops off the streets.
Also keep in mind…
- Keep your driveway and walks clear so that firefighters, medics and postal workers can reach your house or business.
- Ensure all private roads are kept clear so fire apparatus and ambulances can reach your home.
- Remove all snow and ice adjacent to emergency exits, especially those exits that are infrequently used.
- Keep snow and ice cleared from outside stairs.
- If a major storm occurs, the fire hydrants nearest your home should be kept clear so that firefighters can readily locate and use them.
- Ensure your pets are kept safe and secure when outside temperatures are below freezing.
As the winter months approach, please do not blow or shovel your snow out onto the streets. Tooele City Code 4-11-15 (2) states: “It is unlawful for any person to place or propel, or cause to be placed or propelled, snow, ice, hail, or sleet in the public way or in any manner which poses a hazard to vehicular or pedestrian traffic.”
Please be courteous to your neighbors, do not blow leaves, snow, or other debris into their yards.