> Click here for more information about Tooele City CARES Small Business Grant Program and to submit your application.
Press Release: August 26, 2020
For Immediate Release
Tooele City CARES Small Business Grant Program
Tooele City elected officials are pleased to announce that Tooele City will be providing grants to assist small businesses through the COVID-19 hardship. Our small businesses are critical to the success of our economy and are an important part of our community. The grant funds originate from the CARES Act fund approved by Congress and passed through the Utah Governor’s Office of Management and Budget. Tooele City has determined that it is important, and that these grant expenditures are necessary, in response to the public health emergency.
Grants will be awarded in amounts from $1,000 dollars to $10,000 dollars. At this time $100,000 has been allocated to the first round of grant awards. Funds will be disbursed until the funds are exhausted. Due to the anticipated number of submissions and limited funding, applications will be ranked based on predetermined priorities. An additional $200,000 has been allocated for a second round of grant funding in the future.
Grant Eligibility Requirements (All must apply):
1. Business must be a registered business in Tooele City with an active business license as of April 1, 2019.
2. Business must be current on property taxes through April 1, 2020, if the business owns property or the owner’s residence for a home business.
3. Business must be located in Tooele City.
4. Business incurred a financial loss or business expenses related to COVID‐19 of at least $1,000 between April 1 and June 30, 2020.
5. Business must operate with less than 50 FTEs. FTE is a full‐time equivalent and not necessarily each employee, part‐time employees may be converted to FTEs.
6. Business is not a publicly traded company. Exception given for a franchise owner with a business that is locally owned.
7. Business must be open, or plan to reopen, as of the date of application submission.
8. Owner must be 18 years or older and have a valid EIN or Social Security Number if a Sole Proprietor.
9. Business owners must be able to provide required documentation.
10. Incomplete applications will not be eligible.
Find grant eligibility requirements, grant funding prioritization, frequently asked questions, and additional information on our website at www.tooelecity.org. Applications will also be open on our website beginning September 8, 2020 at 9:00 AM and close on September 18, 2020 at 5:00 PM.