The following information and photos have been provided by UDOT.
Cross Street Restrictions
- 5/31 Paving Operations- Crews will be paving throughout the day.
- 400 South east of SR-36 will be closed from 7 a.m. to noon.
- The east and west legs of the 1280 North intersection will be intermittently closed between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to allow crews to repair pavement sections that developed potholes during the winter months.
- Left turns will be prohibited from SR-36 to 1000 North for both northbound and southbound traffic from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. to also allow for pavement repairs. Please note, crews will be working on both the east and west side of the intersection but through traffic will be maintained.
- Hood Road will remain closed through 6/3 to accommodate paving operations.
- 700 South will have intermittent closures on 6/1 and 6/2 to accommodate paving operations.
No work will take place from 3 p.m. on 05/27/16 to 7 a.m. on 05/31/16 in observance of Memorial Day. We hope everyone enjoys a safe and happy holiday.
Reconstruction from 900 South to 520 South
- Crews are currently pouring the west side curb and gutter in preparation for paving.
- West side paving will begin the afternoon of 5/31 and will take approximately three days to complete.
Final Layer of Asphalt 900 South to Vine Street
- Once the first layer of asphalt has been placed on the west side from 900 South to 520 South, crews will begin placing the final layer of asphalt on the east and west side from 900 South to Vine Street. This layer will bring the asphalt up to it’s final height, eliminating the bumps just south of Vine Street and on the cross streets. This paving work will take approximately one week to complete.
- After the final asphalt layer has been placed, the permanent striping will be applied.
Driveways and Landscaping
Crews continue to pour concrete and install landscaping. If you have a concern or question regarding this work please contact our Public Involvement Team (see contact information below); the onsite crews are unable to address concerns in the field.
- Crews are pouring the last remaining driveways and sidewalk sections over the next two weeks. Please
remember to avoid driving on curing concrete.
- Landscaping work will take place on the east and west side of SR-36 from 900 South to 2000 North through mid-June. Please note that the trees planted by our crews are unable to be moved once they have been planted.
Questions or Concerns:
If you have any questions or concerns about the project, please contact UDOT. They are available 24 hours a day and are happy to assist you. You can reach them by phone, text, email or Twitter (see below).
UDOT’s Public Involvement Team Contact Information: