The following information and photos have been provided by UDOT.
Cross Street Restrictions
- East side of 400 South will be closed starting Monday 5/16.
- Hood Road will be closed 5/16 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- 700 South will have limited access during asphalt removal beginning early next week.
- Settlement Canyon Drive is open but crews will continue to work on the pedestrian ramps.
- Memory Lane is open but flagging operations will be used at this location as needed to accommodate construction.
Reconstruction from 900 South to 520 South
Traffic has been shifted to the west side of the roadway to accommodate east side reconstruction work. Ongoing and upcoming work includes:
- Storm drain placement is underway and will continue through next week.
- Crews will begin importing materials to build the new roadway late next week.
- Curb and gutter pouring is underway from 520 South heading south and asphalt placement will begin once all the east side curb and gutter has been placed.
All work dates are weather dependent.
Driveway, Sidewalk and Landscaping Work
Crews continue to pour concrete and install landscaping. If you have a concern or question regarding this work please contact our Public Involvement Team (see contact information below); the onsite crews are unable to address concerns in the field.
- Crews are currently working on the east side of the road but expect to move to the west side next week. Crews anticipate all driveways will be placed by early June.
- Landscaping work will take place on the east and west side of SR-36 from 520 South to 2000 North. Landscaping activities will take place daily through early June. Please note that the trees planted by our crews are unable to be moved once they have been planted.
- Sidewalks will also be placed from Vine Street to 520 South, and in any areas that were not poured last year north of Vine Street.
Questions or Concerns:
If you have any questions or concerns about the project, please contact UDOT. They are available 24 hours a day and are happy to assist you. You can reach them by phone, text, email or Twitter (see below).
UDOT’s Public Involvement Team Contact Information: