The following information and photos have been provided by UDOT.
Traffic is shifted to the west side of the road from 900 S to 520 S. Please remember to observe the speed limit when in the work zone.
Memory Lane Closure
Last week’s update indicated Memory Lane would need to close in order to complete the east side reconstruction activities. After further review, we have determined that a full closure is not needed. Rather, we’ll be able to maintain this access but it will be narrowed and may have short intermittent closures as work takes place through the intersection.
Reconstruction from 900 South to 520 South
Traffic has been shifted to the west side of the road and crews are in the process of removing the materials from the old roadway. Upcoming work includes:
- Storm drain placement is underway and will continue through next week.
- Crews will begin importing materials to build the new roadway late next week.
- Curb and gutter pouring will begin in mid-May and asphalt placement will begin once the curb and gutter has been placed.
All work dates are weather dependent.
Driveway, Sidewalk and Landscaping Work
Crews continue to pour concrete and install landscaping.
- Crews are in the process of removing the temporary asphalt driveways from Vine Street to 520 South and replacing them with concrete. Crews are currently working on the east side of the road but expect to move to the west side late next week. Crews anticipate all driveways will be placed by early June.
- Landscaping work will take place on the east and west side of SR-36 from 520 South to 2000 North. Landscaping activities will take place daily through early June.
- Sidewalks will also be placed from Vine Street to 520 South, and in any areas that were not poured last year north of Vine Street.
Safety in the Work Zone
Please remember to observe the speed limit and pay close attention to traffic control devices and signage. Be alert of crews working near the roadway and construction vehicles entering and exiting the work zone. Safety is our top priority for our crews and all community members.
Questions or Concerns:
If you have any questions or concerns about the project, please contact UDOT. They are available 24 hours a day and are happy to assist you. You can reach them by phone, text, email or Twitter (see below).
UDOT’s Public Involvement Team Contact Information: