The following information and photos have been provided by UDOT.
Crews place temporary asphalt on the west side of the road from ~600 South to ~800 South.
Upcoming Road Closure
Crews will close Memory Lane on Wednesday, 4/27, to accommodate reconstruction work. Memory Lane will be closed for one month as crews complete work on the east side of SR-36. Please use Settlement Canyon to access SR-36.
Reconstruction Begins 4/25
Crews will begin reconstructing SR-36 from 520 South to 900 South on Monday, 4/25. Crews are currently placing temporary asphalt on the west side of SR-36 so that two travel lanes can be maintained during the east side reconstruction. Traffic will be shifted to the west side of the road on Saturday, 4/23, in preparation for the reconstruction work.
- Crews will remove the east side asphalt beginning 4/25. The removal will be complete by mid-next week.
- Side street access will be maintained during milling operations.
- Memory Lane will close on 4/27 once the milling is complete.
- Reconstruction of the east side will take approximately one month to complete.
Driveway, Sidewalk and Landscaping Work
Crews continue to pour concrete and install landscaping.
- Landscaping work will take place on the east and west side of SR-36 from 520 South to 2000 North. Landscaping activities will take place daily through early June.
- Crews are in the process of removing the temporary asphalt driveways from Vine Street to 520 South and replacing them with concrete. Crews anticipate all driveways will be placed by early June.
- Sidewalks will also be placed from Vine Street to 520 South, and in any areas that were not poured last year north of Vine Street.
Pedestrians should use the east side of SR-36 between Vine Street and 520 South. This will remain the designated pedestrian route until sidewalks have been completely replaced on the west side.
Questions or Concerns:
If you have any questions or concerns about the project, please contact UDOT. They are available 24 hours a day and are happy to assist you. You can reach them by phone, text, email or Twitter (see below).
UDOT’s Public Involvement Team Contact Information: