Effective Date: April 12, 2021
The Tooele City Attorney’s Office prosecutes misdemeanor crimes and infractions occurring within the Tooele City corporate boundary.
It is the policy of the Office to:
- File criminal charges where sufficient evidence exists to satisfy the prosecution burden of “beyond a reasonable doubt.”
- Prosecute crime while considering the totality of relevant circumstances and irrespective of political considerations.
- Hold criminal perpetrators accountable for their crimes and for injuries to persons and damage to property.
- Support victims of crime through information and resource referral, through listening to and understanding victim concerns, through holding perpetrators accountable, and through seeking appropriate restitution.
- Treat all persons with dignity.