NOTICE OF 2019 ELECTION AND FILING PERIOD
NOTICE is hereby given that Tooele City will hold a City election to fill three (3) City Council positions, each for a four-year term.
Given a sufficient number of candidates, a Primary Election will be held on August 13, 2019, with the General Election being held on November 5, 2019.
Qualifications for a candidate are:
(1) Registered voter in the municipality in which the individual is elected*
(2) Must have resided within the municipality for which the candidate is seeking office for the 12 consecutive months immediately before the date of the election
(3) Pay filing fee, if one is required by municipal ordinance
(4) Not convicted of a felony**
Qualified candidates may file a Declaration of Candidacy form or a Petition may be filed in behalf of a qualified person. The filing is to be done in person with Michelle Pitt, Tooele City Recorder unless individuals are subject to Section 20A-9-203(3)(b) of the Utah Code. The filing period is from June 3, 2019 thru June 7, 2019, and not later than 5:00 p.m. on the last day of filing.
If you have any questions, please contact the Tooele City Recorder at 435-843-2100.
Dated this _____ day of _________________, 2019
Michelle Pitt, Recorder, Tooele City
* Utah Code §20A-2-101 states: A registered voter (1) is a citizen of the United States; (2) is a resident of Utah; (3) will, on the date of that election, be at least 18 years old, (4) has been a resident of Utah for 30 days immediately before that election; (5) and is registered to vote.
** Utah Code §20A-2-101.5 states: A person convicted of a felony loses the right to hold office until (1) all felony convictions have been expunged, OR (2) ten years have passed since the most recent felony conviction AND the person has paid all court-ordered restitution and fines AND the person has completed probation, been granted parole, or completed the term of incarceration associated with the felony.