On June 29, 2019 Emma Wardle was crowned Miss Tooele City.
Emma is 19 years old. She was born and raised in Tooele City. She is the oldest of three and very grateful for her family. She says her parents instilled strong values and high standards for her from a young age. One word she would use to describe her is patriotic, “her heart beats true to the red, white, and blue.” She started to be politically active at the tender age of five, placing campaign flyers on doors with her dad, which inspired her love for public service and government.
Emma believes in and acts upon the Rotary motto, “Service Above Self”. Rotary has taught her to value diversity, and to honor the four-way test. Emma loves to travel, especially internationally. The most memorable trip has has taken was a humanitarian trip to Mexico with her Rotaract Club. They renovated homes, made public areas handicap accessible, delivered care kits to expectant mothers, donated instruments to a school, donated food to the elderly, and taught hygiene to children.
- Tooele High School Interact Club
- Rotaract Club Member
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards Camp 2016
- Selected as a Scholarship Recipient to attend the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards North American Conference in Washington D.C.
- Dixie State University Scholarship Recipient
- Weber State University Scholarship Recipient
- LDS Business College Scholarship Recipient
- Tooele County Dairy Princess Attendant
- Tooele High School Graduate 2018
- Certified Nursing Assistant Pathway
- Tooele High School Homecoming Royalty
- Member of Tooele High School Drill Team and two-time Drill Team Region Champions
- Tooele High School Cheerleader and Cheer Captain
- Emma has volunteered at the Utah State and Tooele County Fair, Tooele City City Arts Festival, Mountain West Medical Center’s Healthy Women’s Conference, Rotary District Conference, Tooele Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament, Tooele City Triathlon, and volunteered as a makeup artist at our local Mr. and Miss Amazing Pageant (a pageant for people with special needs).
- Emma enjoys boating in the summer with her family.
- Emma is assisting the Tooele Valley Rotary Club in crating and establishing a community Rotaract Club.
Future Goals and Aspirations:
Emma is currently attending Salt Lake Community College to earn her Associate Degree. She then plans to attend the University of Utah and graduate with a bachelor’s degree in political science. Her goal is to attend Law School and become a Political Attorney.