On June 30, 2017 Marin Legge was crowned Miss Tooele City.
Marin is 19 years old. She has lived in Tooele for 9 years. She graduated from Tooele High School in 2018. Marin says that she truly believes that moving to Tooele was the best thing that could have ever happened to her! She lived in Taylorsville, Utah until she was 10 years old. She says that growing up in a city that was so big made it difficult to make friends in school. After moving to Tooele, she got a taste of the small city, this great community, and she flourished. She says all through school she has recognized so many opportunities that she wouldn’t have gotten in a bigger city like Taylorsville. She joined the Drill Team and Dance Company. She made the Show Choir, and played a fair share of lead roles in THS Drama’s musicals! In case you can’t tell, Marin loves the performing arts! She feels moving to Tooele was truly a blessing in her life, and she’ll always be thankful for this little city with big opportunities!
Marin says that doing so many activities while growing up taught her a very important lesson; you must work hard for what you want. She is a firm believer that with hard work and determination you can achieve almost anything.
- THS Speech/Theatre/Forensics Sterling Scholar for the 2016-2017 school year.
- Graduated high school with a 3.4 GPA, and the Activities and Enrichment cord.
- Participated in All-State Choir and received a perfect score at the state solo competition.
- Marin’s father was born and raised in Wales, UK, so although she lives in the US she is half British!
- She has technically died once after she accidentally ate a brownie with walnuts in it (she is extremely allergic) and was rushed to the ER. Marin says she has conquered death!
- She loves rollercoasters, but is terrified of ferris wheels!
- She has watched so many scary movies that nothing seems to faze her anymore.
- Her friends tell her she is a “triple threat,” since she loves to sing, dance, and act.
Future Goals and Aspirations:
Marin plans to attend Utah Valley University to get her bachelor’s degree in marketing and make her way to becoming a Sales and Marketing Manager. She plans to get married and have a family one day, and to travel as much as she can.