- Purchase non-toxic cleaning products. Use natural fiber sponges and cleaning agents that are biodegradable, phosphate-free, chlorine-free and unscented.
- Reduce paper use. Use rags instead of paper towels; cloth napkins instead of paper ones. Buy post-consumer recycled paper and recycle it when you’ve used it.
- Refurbish responsibly. Use water-based or vegetable-based paints, stains, and varnishes. Don’t wash paint thinners, household cleaners, oil or pesticides down the drain or pour them on the ground; use them up, give leftovers to friends or a charity, or dispose at your local toxic waste disposal center.
- Repair instead of replace. Reupholster furniture. Resole your shoes.
- Replace disposable goods with renewable ones. Buy rechargeable batteries. Use dishes instead of paper plates.
- Plant for the planet. Strengthen your garden’s resistance to pests by planting resilient plants, by rotating the fruits and vegetables you plant, and by attracting friendly bugs to prey on the pesky ones.
Hispanos Unidos de Tooele te brinda la oportunidad de aprender INGLES GRATIS!
Cuándo: TODOS LOS MARTES
Horario y Donde: 10 am- Biblioteca de la Ciudad de Tooele y/o 6.30pm- Utah State University Tooele #123 ( 90 minutos )✔
When: Tuesdays at 10:00 am at Tooele City Library or a 6:30 pm at USU-Tooele (Room #123)
Each class runs for 90 minutes.
SMART START FOR BUSINESS BEGINNERS
Just Starting up a business, or thinking about it?
Starting your own business can be an exciting adventure, but knowing where to start and what to do can seem a bit overwhelming. If you’ve recently started a business or are thinking about starting one, but don’t know the steps to take or where to begin – this FREE training is for you!
Tuesday, April 23, 2019 | 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Tooele City Hall | 90 N Main St, Tooele UT | Room: Council Chambers
This event is free to the public, but space is limited. Reserve your seat now!
435-248-1893 or RSVP Online
In this FREE, 2 hour short course from the Tooele Valley SBDC, you will learn:
- Steps for business entry and getting started
- The basics of business planning
- When you need to write a business plan (and when you don’t)
- The different types of business organizations
- How to register your business as a legal entity
- Regulatory requirements
- The 4 critical elements you need to have in place for your business to succeed
- Sources of business financing
- Business assistance resources and where to get free help
- Much much more
Guiding Good Choices™ is a series of workshops (5 two-hour sessions) for families with children 9-17 years old.
The fun, interactive sessions help to improve family communication and bonding. Practical methods are learned to reduce arguing and help avoid problem behaviors. The result is a more communicative and compassionate home where all family members are involved.