Tooele City Corporation
90 North Main Street
Tooele, UT 84074
Youth Recreation Grant Program
Each year the Tooele City Mayor holds an annual benefit golf tournament to raise funds for local leadership scholarships and local youth recreation programs. Thanks to our sponsors in 2021 the tournament had proceeds of over $16,000. $1,500 will go toward three (3) $500 leadership scholarships at Tooele High School. The remaining money will benefit local youth recreation programs through a grant process.
This grant is funded by the Mayor’s Annual Golf Tournament and is dedicated to supporting youth programs in Tooele City. Partial funding requests may be awarded based on the discretion of Tooele City and on the number of youth benefited through funding. If qualified applications exceed the funding available for the grant program a predetermined scoring scale will be used to rank the applications. An application does not guarantee funding.
• Must benefit youth programs (programs or organizations that serve youth. Could be related to the arts, sports, after school programs, or other supporting capacities)
• A minimum of 50% of youth participants must live within Tooele City boundaries
• Can apply for up to $2,000 per applicant
• Must be a non-profit organization (must be able to provide documentation of non-profit status)
Funds can be used for facility rentals, supplies, participation scholarships, camps, and events. Other uses may also be eligible, subject to Tooele City’s discretion.
Scoring (applications will be prioritized on the following criteria):
• Percentage of youth served who live within Tooele City boundaries
90% or more youth live in Tooele City (5 points)
Over 80% of youth live in Tooele City (4 points)
Over 70% of youth live in Tooele City (3 points)
Over 60% of youth live in Tooele City (2 points)
Over 50% of youth live in Tooele City (1 point)
• Matching Fund Contributions (example of 50% match: apply for $2,000 and contribute $2,000 of own or outside funds)
$1,000+ applicant contribution (4 points)
$750-$999 applicant contribution (3 points)
$500-$749 applicant contribution (2 points)
Less than $500 (1 point)
No match (0 points)
• Is your organization open to all youth? Or do you have a selection process to determine participation (auditions, tryouts, etc)?
No audition required (3 points)
Selection process required (0 points)
To apply to be considered for grant funding, please fill out the application below. Applications will be accepted between August 1, 2021 through August 31, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. If you have any questions about the grant, please contact Jared Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 435-843-2169.