Tooele City is looking for someone with a demonstrated interest, compliance or knowledge in historical preservation to serve on the Tooele City Historical Preservation Commission. This is a volunteer position.
Residents of Tooele City are invited to apply for nomination.
If interested, please submit a resume or letter of interest by January 24, 2020 to City Hall, Attn: Terra Sherwood, 90 N. Main St., Tooele, UT 84074 or fax to 435-843-2109 or email to email@example.com.
Accepted nominees will be appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the City Council. Preference will be given to those who have degrees or are professionally trained as historians, architects, architectural historians, or archaeologists.
Responsibilities of Members of the Historical Preservation Commission may include:
- Survey and Inventory of community historic resources;
- Review proposed nominations to the National Register of Historic Places;
- Provide advice and information to public officials regarding identification and protection of local historic and archeological resources;
- Work toward the continuing education of citizens regarding historic preservation and Tooele City’s history, and;
- Enforcement of state historical preservation laws.
Detailed information can be found in City Code 2-7-1.
If you need additional information, please contact Terra Sherwood with the Tooele City Parks and Recreation Office at 435-843-2142 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.