The Tooele City Fire Department greatly appreciates your assistance in creating a safe environment this summer holiday season. Please have a happy and safe 4th and 24th of July and stay away from dangerous and illegal fireworks.
By order of the Tooele City Fire Chief—Fireworks are not allowed to be discharged in any Tooele City Parks except for at the Dow James Park (438 W. 400 N., Tooele). Please use the designated dumpsters and clean up your mess! Please be safe!
Safety tips for sparklers:
- Children under the age of 12 should not use sparklers without very close adult supervision.
- Always remain standing while using sparklers.
- Never hold a child in your arms while using sparklers.
- Never hold or light more than one sparkler at a time.
- Sparklers and bare feet can be a painful combination. Always wear closed toe shoes when using sparklers.
- Sparkler wire and stick remain hot long after the flame has gone out. Be sure to drop the spent sparklers directly in a bucket of water.
- Never hand a lighted sparkler to another person. Give them the unlit sparkler and then light it.
- Always stand at least 6 feet from another person while using sparklers.
- Never throw sparklers.
- Show children how to hold sparklers away from their body and at arm’s length.
- Teach children not to wave sparklers, especially wooden stick sparklers, or run while holding sparklers.
If you have any questions about fireworks in your area, please contact the Tooele City Fire Department or call the office of the State Fire Marshal at 801-284-6350.