Special Event Permit Application
Covid-19 Update: We are accepting applications for special events at this time, but please note that we will not approve any permits for events that cannot comply with the advisories/guidelines/restrictions in place at the time of the event. In addition, the Covid-19 Event Management Template must be submitted with your application.
Any activity which is partially or entirely held on city property, streets, and or sidewalks require a Special Event Permit. A Special Event is any athletic, entertainment, filming, or political event, whether for profit, not for profit, charitable, or other purposes.
Tooele City would like to help you have a safe and successful event. We are happy to help guide you through the application process and make it as quick and easy as possible. We strongly recommend you schedule an appointment at 435.843.2142 or email@example.com to review your application so we can answer any questions and help you complete your application. There is a link to download the application below.
You can learn more about the specific city code here (8-16).
When is a Special Event Permit Required?
A special event permit is required for any activity which is partially or entirely held on city property, streets, and or sidewalk (for example):
1. Closing of a street which may include block parties
2. Blocking or restriction of public property
4. Races and Marathons
5. Large organized events in a public park
Please use the following links to submit a Special Event Permit Application at least 30 days prior to your event:
1. Complete the application in its entirety and submit the application to Terra Sherwood at Tooele City Hall with the applicable processing fee no less than 30 days prior* to the event date.
2. Upon receipt of the completed application, your application will be forwarded to each department for final review and approval.
3. Depending on the type of event, the applicant may be required to obtain additional permits or licenses. Please see the application for additional requirements.
4. Upon final approval and review, a permit is issued and could also include certain conditions and/or restrictions for which the applicant will be responsible to meet.
A non-refundable application processing fee of $50.00 must be submitted with the application.
Other fee requirements or conditions may be required by other departments and agencies.
Please Note the Following:
• Your event is not approved until a permit is issued.
• The City will not be responsible for printed/promotional items if dates, locations, and/or other requested services are denied or amended during the permit process.
• The deadline for most Special Event Permit Applications is 30 days prior to your event, but we strongly recommend applying as early as possible. *Some exceptions may apply.
• Some events will require third party permits. Please note that every entity has their own permitting process and may take more than 30 days for approval, we recommend you plan accordingly.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Terra Sherwood at 435.843.2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org and she will be happy to help you with the application process.