Tooele City Attorney
90 North Main Street
Tooele, UT 84074
Title 7. Chapter 22. Certificates of Occupancy
7-22-1. Certificate required.
(Ord. 2000-20, 12-06-2000); (Ord. 87-16, 11-05-87)
(Ord. 2000-20, 12-06-2000); (Ord. 84-01, 01-17-84)
(1) Street grading; base, dust treatment, paving, curb and gutter, parkstrip landscaping, and sidewalk as outlined in Title 4, Chapter 8, Tooele City Code;
(2) Sanitary sewer facilities;
(3) Culinary water facilities;
(4) Address numbers.
(Ord. 2000-20, 12-06-2000); (Ord. 87-16, 11-05-87); (Ord. 2014-09, 09-03-2014)
(1) provide a cash bond in the amount of 200% of the estimated value of the incomplete improvements;
(2) sign a Temporary Occupancy Bond Agreement on a form acceptable to the City Attorney;
(3) pay a $200.00 administrative fee;
(4) agree to allowing the City upon the applicant’s property in the event the bond is forfeited and the City completes the bonded improvements; and,
(5) indemnify the City for any injuries or damages arising from the bonded improvements completed by the City.Upon City approval of the improvements, whether completed by the applicant or the City, the City shall issue a Certificate of Occupancy.
(Ord. 2000-20, 12-06-2000); (Ord. 87-16, 11-05-87); (Ord. 2000-20, 12-06-2000); (Ord. 87-16, 11-05-87)
7-22-5. Deferral of prerequisites.
(a) the building permit shall be for the construction of structures other than a new primary building (i.e., for completion of an unfinished space, garage or garage addition, building expansion, upgrade, or remodel, shed, accessory structures); and,
(b) the deferral shall not pose a substantial risk to the life, health, or safety of any persons, as determined by the Community Development Director or Public Works Director.
(2) The owner of the property subject to the building permit shall sign a Deferral Agreement and Release, on a form acceptable to the City Attorney, prior to issuance of the building permit.
(3) The Deferral Agreement and Release shall be recorded by the Community Development Director, or designee, in the offices of the Tooele County Recorder.
(Ord. 2015-19, July 15, 2015) (Ord. 2004-19, 11-17-04)
Click Here for a .pdf copy of Title7 Chapter22
Please Note: Every attempt has been made to keep this online Tooele City Code up-to-date; however, there may be discrepancies between this online code and that which is actually adopted. If you have questions about the Tooele City Code or for the most recent update, please call (435) 843-2120 or email email@example.com.