Tooele City Attorney
90 North Main Street
Tooele, UT 84074
Title 7. Chapter 13. Zoning Districts
7-13-1. Establishment of zoning districts.
(a) Multi-Family Residential (MR-25)
(b) Multi-Family Residential (MR-16);
(c) Multi-Family Residential (MR-8);
(d) Medium Density Residential (R1-7);
(e) Medium Density Residential (R1-8);
(f) Medium Density Residential (R1-10);
(g) Low Density Residential (R1-12);
(h) Low Density Residential (R1-14);
(i) Low Density Residential (R1-30);
(j) Low Density Residential (RR-1);
(k) Low Density Residential (RR-5);
(l) Low Density Residential (RR-20);
(m) Multiple Use (MU-160);
(n) Mixed Use – General (MU-G);
(o) Mixed Use – Broadway (MU-B);
(p) Neighborhood Commercial (NC);
(q) General Commercial (GC);
(r) Regional Commercial (RC);
(s) Light Industrial (LI);
(t) Industrial (I); and,
(u) Research and Development (RD).
(2) The location and boundaries of each of the zoning districts are shown on the zoning map entitled, “Tooele City Zoning.” All boundaries, notations, and other data shown thereon are hereby adopted as part of this Title.
(3) Special Purpose Overlay Zoning Districts. From time to time the City may establish overlay zoning districts for specific purposes that apply on top of the base zoning districts identified in this Section. These overlay zoning districts may be established in other chapters of this Title based on their intended purpose.
(Ord. 2019-08, 03-20-19) (Ord. 97-21, 06-04-97) (Ord. 1992-04, 06-09-1992)
7-13-2. Rules for locating boundaries.
(1) Wherever the District boundary is indicated as being approximately upon the centerline of a street, alley or block or along a property line, then, unless otherwise definitely indicated on the map, the centerline of such street, alley, block or such property line, shall be construed to be the boundary of such District.
(2) Wherever such boundary line of such District is indicated as being approximately at the line of any river, irrigation canal or other waterway, or railroad right-of-way, or public park or other public land, or any section line, then in such case the center of such stream, canal or waterway, or of such railroad right-of-way, or the boundary line of such public land or such section line shall be deemed to be the boundary of such District.
(3) Where such District boundary lines cannot be determined by the above rules, their location may be found by the use of the scale appearing upon the map.
(4) Where the application of the above rules does not clarify the District boundary location, the Board of Adjustment shall interpret the map.
(Ord. 2019-08, 03-20-19) (Ord. 1983-05, 04-20-1983)
Click Here for a .pdf copy of Title7 Chapter13
Please Note: Every attempt has been made to keep this online Tooele City Code up-to-date; however, there may be discrepancies between this online code and that which is actually adopted. If you have questions about the Tooele City Code or for the most recent update, please call (435) 843-2120 or email email@example.com.