Ballots for the upcoming Primary Election will be coming to your mailbox the 2nd week in June. It is important that you vote the ballot that comes to you. Please vote and mail your ballot or get it into a ballot drop box as soon as you can. Once the ballot gets to the Clerk’s Office it has to sit for 3 days before it can processed due to Covid‐19. Ballots must be postmarked by June 30. To protect everyone, there have been other changes as well:
- The last day to register or update an address by any method is June 19th.
- There will be no Early Voting for this election.
- There will be no in‐person polling locations.
- On Election Day there will be a mobile polling location at the Tooele County Building (47 South Main Street, Tooele). This will be for the disabled, for those who did not receive a ballot, and for emergencies only. If you did not get a ballot due to your address being incorrect, you will not be allowed to vote.
- There are only two ballots available for this election: The Republican Party ballot and a non‐partisan School Board Ballot for those living in School Board District #1.
- If you are a registered Republican, a ballot will be sent to you.
- Unaffiliated voters who want to vote the Republican Ballot will have to affiliate with the party by June 19th.
The Tooele County Clerk’s Office will do everything they can to help you vote, however, they are bound by the law. Please vote the ballot you receive in the mail. If you have moved, re‐register before the June 19th deadline.
Questions? Please contact Tooele County Clerk, Marilyn Gillette, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 435‐843‐3148.