Work continues on SR-201 in Salt Lake City between I-80 and 9200 West. Motorists can expect construction crews in the area Monday through Saturday between the hours of 3 a.m. to 9 p.m. During construction motorists can expect uneven and rough pavement in the project area.
The construction crews will be working on the following activities next week:
• Traffic will continue to be shifted for milling and paving operations. Work on westbound lanes will begin at 3 a.m. and continue to 3 p.m. On eastbound lanes, the work will begin at 9 a.m. and continue until 9 p.m.
• Construction crews will continue removing and installing new barrier and guardrail throughout the corridor.
Motorists should expect up to a maximum of 15 minute delays during work hours. Traffic will be impacted during construction times:
• During morning peak hours Monday through Friday (6 a.m. to 9 a.m.) two lanes of traffic will be open going eastbound on SR-201.
• During evening peak hours Monday through Friday (3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.) two lanes of traffic will be open going westbound on SR-201.
• During off peak hours there will be one lane of road open in each direction.
Please remember that cyclists are not allowed on highways (Utah State Law 41-6a-1111).
Updated information is available at www.udot.utah.gov/go/SR201 or by emailing SR201@utah.gov. Stakeholders can also call the project hotline at (801) 707-3662. This project is expected to continue until September 15.
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) continues working on a repaving and barrier project in Salt Lake City on SR-201. This project will extend the roadway’s life, improve the ride and increase safety of the roadway. This is part of UDOT’s mission to be proactive in the preservation of the current infrastructure.
• Construction work will begin July 25 and is expected to be completed September 15.
• Work will occur Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Construction areas on SR-201 will be between I-80 and 9200 West.