Work continues on SR-201 in Salt Lake City between I-80 and 9200 West. Motorists can expect construction crews in the area Monday through Friday between the hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. During construction motorists can expect uneven and rough pavement in the project area.
The construction crews will be working on the following activities next week:
• Traffic will continue to be shifted as the construction crews prepare the road for the new pavement. The construction crews will start at 9200 West on the outside westbound lanes and will then continue with the inside lanes. Once westbound lanes are milled, the crews will then start on the eastbound lanes at I-80.
• Construction crews will continue removing and installing new barrier and guardrail throughout the corridor.
• Earthwork will continue in the shoulder on the eastbound outside lanes east of SR-202.
• Contractor will continue installing a storm drainage system in the roadway east of SR-202.
Motorists should expect up to a maximum of 15 minute delays during work hours. Traffic will be impacted during construction times:
• During morning peak hours Monday through Friday (6 a.m. to 9 a.m.) two lanes of traffic will be open going eastbound on SR-201.
• During evening peak hours Monday through Friday (3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.) two lanes of traffic will be open going westbound on SR-201.
• During off peak hours there will be one lane of road open in each direction.
Updated information is available at www.udot.utah.gov/go/SR201 or by emailing SR201@utah.gov. Stakeholders can also call the project hotline at (801) 707-3662. This project is expected to continue until September 15.
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) continues working on a repaving and barrier project in Salt Lake City on SR-201. This project will extend the roadway’s life, improve the ride and increase safety of the roadway. This is part of UDOT’s mission to be proactive in the preservation of the current infrastructure.
• Construction work will begin July 25 and is expected to be completed September 15.
• Work will occur Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Construction areas on SR-201 will be between I-80 and 9200 West.