Each year, over 50,000 calls are received by the Utah Poison Control Center. More than 60% of the exposures involve children less than six years of age.
In 2010, 94% of all poisonings occurred in the home. Fortunately 79% were managed on site with telephone follow-up. Therefore, it is critical to safeguard the home environment. The Utah Poison Control Center reminds everyone to make poisoning prevention a year round responsibility.
The top three poison categories in children involve:
(1). Cosmetics and personal care products;
(2). Household cleaning products;
(3). Pain killers such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen.
The top three poison categories in adults involve:
(1). Pain killers including narcotics and over-the-counter analgesics;
(2). Sedatives (drugs to reduce anxiety) and hypnotics (sleep aids);
For more information on the Utah Poison Control Center, visit http://poisoncontrol.utah.edu/ To report a poisoning or possible poisoning, contact Tooele County Dispatch at 435-882-5600 or the Utah Poison Control Center at 800-222-1222.
- These FREE, high-quality workshops provide up-to-date job-search techniques to prepare you to compete in the job market.
- Learn how to develop an effective resume that will get you an interview.
- Please call 435.833.7322 to register or for more information.
Planning Commission Meetings are generally held the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month at Tooele City Hall, 90 North Main Street, Tooele, Utah at 7:00 p.m. and are open to the public. CLICK HERE for Planning Commission Agendas.
To have items put on the agenda, please call the City Planning & Zoning Administrator at 435.843.2167.
Welcome to ENRICH computer courses from the Library!
Facebook is the most popular social networking website in the world. It’s a great way to stay in touch with family and friends. In this course, you will learn all about Facebook, become a member of this free website and post messages and photos online. This course covers Facebook on desktop and laptop computers.
- Enrich classes are specifically designed for adult learners.
- You’ll receive a free workbook in each class.
- A computer is provided during class.
- Pre-registration is required at the library.
- All courses are free of charge.
- Instructors & small classes = Success!
Registration is required.