Human Resources Director
90 North Main Street
Tooele, UT 84074
How to Apply for a Job with Tooele City
- Tooele City will only accept applications for open positions or for those positions listed as open recruitment.
- Carefully review the job vacancy announcement. Pay close attention to whether we are accepting applications from external individuals or if we are only accepting applications from current Tooele City employees. Also pay close attention to the closing date. Applications must be received by the closing date.
- Obtain an application. Applications can be obtained by clicking here Job Application. This option will allow you to print a blank application or to fill out an application electronically and print it when completed. Applications are also available at Tooele City Hall, 90 N. Main, Tooele, UT 84074.
- Specify what position you are applying for. Do not use generic designations such as “any” or “whatever is available.” If you would like to be considered for more than one position, complete an application for each position.
- Review the job vacancy announcement and pay careful attention to the skills, qualifications, and abilities we are seeking. Be sure that your application reflects your prior experience as it relates to these qualifications.
- Do not leave any area blank. All areas of the application must be completed even if your resume is attached. Do not write, “see resume” on your application.
- Be sure to answer the criminal history information honestly. Criminal records do not necessarily disqualify you from employment. We look at the relevancy of the crime to the position you’ve applied for, the date it occurred, and the nature of the crime. Tooele City conducts background checks on all employees, including a criminal history check. Falsifying your application is grounds for rejection and termination of employment if hired.
- Carefully read the closing signature block and be sure to sign your application.
- Complete the Equal Employment Opportunity Instructions and Questionnaire. Do not put your name or any other identifiable information on this page. It is removed from your application and used only for statistical purposes.
- Attach a cover letter and resume, if desired.
- Return your application to Tooele City Human Resource, 90 N. Main, Tooele, UT 84074 or fax it to 435-843-2106. If you would like to contact our offices to ensure that we received your application, call 435-843-2105. Be sure to give your name, position you applied for, and a phone number where we can contact you.